What did you enjoy the most at School in the Park?
Make it your CAREER!
San Diego Air & Space Museum
- Engineers design aircraft, spacecraft, and unmanned vehicles as solutions to complex problems for a variety of missions.
- Scientists research unknown areas of aerospace.
- Technicians, logisticians, and mechanics manufacture, build, and maintain the aircraft or spacecraft.
- Pilots and astronauts operate the aircraft or spacecraft in the air.
- Air traffic control and mission control teams plan for safety and manage flights from the ground.
Fleet Science Center
- Scientists explore the natural world and universe through research, observation, and experiments. They use what they learn to improve our quality of life, solve problems, and to educate the public. If you liked your week at the Fleet, you might like one of these branches of science:
- Chemists study the chemical properties of substances and how they interact.
- Physicists study the laws of nature: from the behavior of sub-atomic particles, to the behavior of the universe as a whole, and everything in between.
Astronomers study space: the sun, moon, planets, stars, comets, and so on
San Diego Museum of Art
- Working artists create art for sale or for display in museums and galleries; most commonly painters, photographers, sculptors, and digital/multimedia artists.
- Designers design (and sometimes also create) products for everyday use, such as fashion, jewelry, furniture, fabrics, and kitchenware, working with wood, metal, fabric, etc.
- Graphic designers work with images as well as text in order to design and create visually appealing elements, like brochures, logos, advertisements, and websites.
- Animators/illustrators can work in video game design, computer animation, book illustration and more.
- Architects design houses and buildings. Interior designers design the inside of houses and buildings.
Museum of Man
- Anthropologists study what it means to be human: past and present languages, cultures, and societies.
- Archeologists study human societies of the past through the materials they created: tools, religious artifacts, toys, art, homes, and so on.
- Sociologists study society and social behavior by examining the groups, cultures, organizations, social institutions, and processes that develop when people interact and work together.
- Historians investigate primary sources as well as other historians’ work to develop a better understanding of the past.