View our 2018-2019 Final Report Program Evaluation!
This year, School in the Park (SITP) celebrated its 20th year. The program welcomed 1,181 3rd-8th grade students to engaging, authentic hands-on experiences within eight museums and the San Diego Zoo. Using a new curriculum template, Museum Educators developed or revised 39 curricular units of study on topics running the gamut from Journeying along the Silk Road to aerospace engineering, Romeo & Juliet to dynamic ecosystems, the Kumeyaay to the basics of electricity, etc.. Each unit of study was standards-aligned and offered students abundant opportunities to engage in artistic and scientific processes that resembled those found in actual professional work environments. These experiences increased students’ awareness of and interest in numerous career paths. Additionally, the work they undertook in each museum helped them appreciate the value of persistence and learning from one’s mistakes… lessons so critical to the life journeys they each will take. read more ….
View final reports for the last eight years below:
- Final End of Year Report & Program Evaluation 2018-19
- Final Report and Program Evaluation for 2016-17
- End of the Year Report: 2015-16
- End of the Year Report: 2014-15
- End of the Year Report: 2013-14
- End of the Year Report: 2011- 12
- Evaluating the Academic & Behavioral Impact of SITP: 2015
- External Report:SITP/USC: 2015
Preview our external evaluation done by Vital Research in 2014-15: